* Doug Thompson
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:42:04 -0000, DL Neil wrote:
>
> >After a number of rounds of this conversation/developing a
> work-around, have we decided that there is a
> >fault/bug?
> >I don't recall any 'official' involvement to date.
> >Has 'riga.riga' submitted a Bug Report to MySQL?
>

> 1. If anyone else can produce the declining decimal resolution
> that Roger encountered, then there may be something to
> be found in the mysql code or the gcc libraries.  Until then, it
> is a vagary of Roger's installation.  I resist the

well... I'm not sure what you mean with "declining decimal resolution"
(english is not my first language), but I have the same behaviour on a
solaris machine, and the original report from [EMAIL PROTECTED], an
confirmation from Benjamin Pflugmann, and even your own first reply to this
thread indicates this behaviour (allways four decimals in the rounded
result) is in many versions of mysql...

> urge to make unkind comments about products from Redmond.

Oh, don't resist, it is always appropriate to make unkind comments about
products from Redmond. ;o)

> Almost.  No one else has weighed in with confirmation.
> Perhaps these comments will encourage others to participate.

hopefully :)

--
Roger
query