On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:42:04 -0000, DL Neil wrote:

>After a number of rounds of this conversation/developing a work-around, have we
>decided that there is a
>fault/bug?
>I don't recall any 'official' involvement to date.
>Has 'riga.riga' submitted a Bug Report to MySQL?

1. If anyone else can produce the declining decimal resolution that Roger encountered,
then there may be something to
be found in the mysql code or the gcc libraries.  Until then, it is a vagary of
Roger's installation.  I resist the
urge to make unkind comments about products from Redmond.  Almost.  No one else has
weighed in with confirmation.
Perhaps these comments will encourage others to participate.

2. The original inquiry may have been resolved using revised/corrected syntax --
specifically, @variable -- and would
require no 'official' involvement.  It would be good to hear back from riga.riga about
his results.

3. It is the responsibility of the Sysop's, DBA's, and programmers to ensure the
outputs of their systems and
applications meet the requirements.  My observation on the matter of floating point
and ROUND() behaviors: Entropy
lives.  :)

Thanks for the reminder that just letting this dialog taper off would not produce a
proper conclusion, if there is one
to be found.  At the least, we should be able to say "nothing to report."

Regards,
Doug