Hi Edward,
[I've put this back on the list - others will be able to share their wisdom/you might
not have to wait so long
for me to get around to a reply!]

My first thought is that you have a neat system of encoding the link data being stored
in MySQL.

I assume this is preceded by some sort of 'extract' function which takes the link out
of some HTML page? That
being the case, and particularly if you are using a PREGI to accomplish the
'extraction', why don't you store
the two components of the HTML link in two separate columns? So "<a
href="http://www.test.com";> test </a>" could
become "www.test.com" and "test". The disassembly step being part of the (presumed)
existing PREGI and
reassembly afterwards being a snap - seems easier than all those EREGI_REPLACEs!

*
*
*
> $ins= "INSERT INTO continut (cef) VALUES
>  '$chtml')";$rezins=mysql_db_query("falrdb", $ins, $con);
**
> -----------------cut--------------------------
>
> Here is the code for output:
>
> -------------------cut------------------
>
> $q="select * from continut";
>
> $rez=mysql_db_query("falrdb",$q);
**
*
*
*
*
> echo "$zz[0]";
>
> ---------------------cut---------------------------

Do I observe STRIPSLASHES() but no ADDSLASHES()?

Recommend the addition of a debug ECHO "<BR>chtml=$chtml~"; (or equivalent) at every
line where I have marked *.

Recommend the addition of a validation step to assure the MySQL interface calls where
I have marked **.

The last/only ECHO statement examines the reconstituted HTML link BEFORE the call to
STRIPSLASHES() - not the
resultant value!?

Is cef the first field in continut?

> I hope that it will be OK for debugging... If not, I'll send you more

Don't hesitate to be 'generous' - the more you show, the better the chance that we'll
spot something out of
place!

Once you have added the above debugging ECHOs, please run the routine and show what
happens with a sample that
works, and then two or three samples that don't.

Regards,
=dn