Daniel,

Usually in PHP there are some sort of syntax error before the line that
says failed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Negron/KBE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 11:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Some PHP - mySQL help please ... new to both

I am very new to both PHP and mySQL.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

While running this code I get  following fatal error.

PHP is installed and running correctly on the server.
mySQL I THINK is running properly.  I created a table and this code is
from
a tutorial I am trying to run through for discussion threads.  No matter
what I make the connection as (admin or nobody)  I still get the same
result, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the
coding.  I am too new to this to debug.  Line 5 of the dbconnect.php
file
is where the script stops.   again any help would be greatly
appreciated.

<?
LINE 5 >>>     if (!($mylink = mysql_connect
("localhost","administrator","")))
     {
          print "<h3>could not connect to database</h3>\n";
          exit;
     }
     mysql_select_db("mytest");
?>

RESULT>>>  while trying to run script.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in
dbconnect.php
on line 5

Thank You

Daniel Negrón