So how (forgive me if this is a simpleton's question), how will UTF-8
and UCS2 be used?  Can you elaborate a bit.

DA

Hi,

Unicode in 4.1 will use UTF-8 and UCS2 with a possibility to recode
between them (as well as between any supported character sets).

> Some (VERY) technical documentation on this
> subject would be appreciated.

Sorry, this will not appear until the 4.1 branch is released -- and even
then it will just be the end-user documentation that tells how to use
the feature(s).

If you would like some sort of a in-depth whitepaper, then you could
hire some consulting services from our developers to write this for you.
Please contact <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> if you are interested.

    Matt