I downloaded mysqlgui linux semi static binary and installed it. I copy
my.cnf to ~/.my.cnf. I set the user name to my user. When I start it up
it prompts for password then indicates that it can't connect. I am using
the same USER/PASS that I use successfully with "mysql --user=USER
--password=PASS". Yet I get the error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket" (111)

My .my.cnf and MySql.options files are below.

How do I correct this?

Carl

#  Options file generated by MySQL client

user=cwk
host=localhost
port=3306
num_of_queries=20
timeout=60
defbase=gxsnmp
socket=
queries_file=/home/cwk/.mysql_history
queries_root=/home/cwk/.guiclient/queries
last_database_file=/home/cwk/.guiclient/ladb
terminator=,
enclose='
password=1
compress=0
ask=1
max_width=50
update_timeout=10
font_used=
style_file=

# Example mysql config file.
# You can copy this to one of:
# @sysconfdir@/my.cnf to set global options,
# mysql-data-dir/my.cnf to set server-specific options (in this
# installation this directory is @localstatedir@) or
# ~/.my.cnf to set user-specific options.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
port=3306
host=localhost
user=cwk