From: Ramiro Varandas Jr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 10:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Password function

 I think that this question might be kinda of stupid for all of you but I
couldn't find a good answer... When we use the MySQL internal function -
Password('string') - MySQL inserts that string codified into the database,
so
that people that look for that doesn't know the real password. But i have a
client that have a website and in the table of customers I'd like to use
that
function to make it more secure, but when I do that, I can't authenticate
the
user anymore, because if i write:

  SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE user_pass = 'my_var'

 It doesn't return me a user... but it's there, registered...
 Is there a way to do that or no... if there is, something give me a hint...
 My client's website is running in a Windows 2000 server but the MySQL
server
is runnig in a linux machine.

  Regards,
  Ramiro Jr.