Hi...Sir,
The answer on your question is Y E S.But further, perhaps,"a little more"
experiences for your technical team is needful.

----- Original Message -----
From: Hugh O'Loughlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 3:31 PM
Subject: Do any of your applications work?

Responsible Person,

We have been asked by a client, to use your products in our intergration
efforts. Your MySQL 3.23.49a [Stable version?] for Sun Solaris x86,
version, 5.8, is offered without the installation file
./scripts/mysql_install_db. The ./scripts/mysql_install_db, that comes
with it, is EMPTY!
Your MySQL-MAX 3.23.49a, although it gets a little further along in the
installation phase [in that a deamon start-up], only some of the commands
are execuatble/executing. This is not a normal [nor acceptable] situation
in the UNIX world, when commands in the same directory are not all
executable [No PATH problems here]. None of the following commands seem
to work: mysql, mysqladmin, BINDER/(anything), just to name a few. The
instructions were followed to the dot [as we have previously done with
REDHat Linux 7.2, of the above mentioned].
We have also come to find, that your JDBC [mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz]
driver currently has a problem in being recognised in the FORTE
developement environment. Please know, that we are not at all new to the
communal-developement environment. However, whenevr anything is posted to
be working, it should be exactly that. Ommission errors of the magnitude
we have found, are pure 'Microsoftish' in nature, and should have no
place anywhere, integrity not withstanding. Besides our practice of
believing, that sometimes bad things happen to good people/things,
perhaps by us bringing these faults to your attention that some good will
come of this.
In the meatime, I await a prompt response. As for our client, depending
upon your promptness, they may not cancel the current licensing agreement
with you.

H. O'Loughlin, CEO
O'LOUGHLIN ASSOCIATES CORPORATIION

CC:/BLIND LIST