Hi.

Is there a chance that you make this behaviour dependend on the --ansi
switch? I never used foreign keys until now, but from the theory I
would expect that a missing "not null" declaration on a FK declaration
should either be implicitly assumed or result in an error - at least
on insert.

I meanwhile see why others databases have softened the foreign key
constraint, but I would call accepting NULLs unexpected behaviour from
what I have learned about FK.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:22:21PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >From the changelog of 3.23.50:
>
> * We suppress the FOREIGN KEY check if any of the column values in the
> foreign key or referenced key to be checked is the SQL NULL. This is
> compatible with Oracle, for example.
>
> It is conceptually a bit strange that we first declare a FOREIGN KEY
> constraint, but then let a user to slip it through using a NULL value. But,
> since we may declare a column as NOT NULL, we can still force full
> referential integrity in 3.23.50.
[...]

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]