I purchased a book entitled "PHP3 programming browser-based Applications" it
came with a cd that contained a copy of MySql-3.22.16a-gamma for any linux
distribution. Anyhow, I am having problems installing the software on my SuSe
7.1 linux box.  Basically,  there are eleven steps that the author "david
medinets" requires in order to properly install the software, but of those
eleven, I am having problems with step 8.  From root directory

linux: ~ #
1 cd /usr/local/src/mysql-3.22.16a-gamma
2 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
3 make
4 make install
5 echo "/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
6 ldconfig -v | grep libmysqlclient
7 echo "/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld > /dev/null &" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local

8 ./scripts/mysql_install_db

9 /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld > /dev/null &
10 ln -s /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql /usr/bin/mysql
11 ln -s /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql /usr/bin/mysqlshow

after this, the author gives you a sample code to test the database.
step 8
after entering this at the prompt:
linux: usr/local/src/mysql-3.22.16a-gamma #  ./scripts/mysql_install_db

an error message (  did'nt find /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysql  )
                          ( You should do a "make install" before executing
this script  )

     I tryed to run the sample code with out this being installed correctly,
but no luck. I would really like any help from anyone on solving this
problem. As far as libexec not be found, well there is a lib directory with a
subdirectory of mysql. Why its looking for libexec? Well, I simply don't
know.  Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]