Hello,

I have a question, and hopefully someone out there can help me out.  I have
a lot of really large numbers (or should I say small, large in size ) that I
need to store in my MySQL database.  Numbers like:

2.8E-50 or 0.0....49zeros....028

Anyway, I need to store these numbers in such a way that I can do Greater
Than or Less Than calculations in the Where clause and pull out really small
ones...Such as:

SELECT * FROM results WHERE result_value < 2.8E-50

Anyway, I cannot seem to find a column type that is large enough to store
this kind of number.  Is there any way to force MySQL to store numbers in
Exponential Form or is there maybe a variable I can tweak to allow it to
store larger numbers??

Any advice would be a huge help!

Thanks,
Chris