/* Clay Loveless [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] writes: */

>I'll make a note that the MySQL mailing list welcomes messages from people
>shrieking "HELP!!!" even though they clearly haven't bothered to read the

Easy questions tend to get lots of answers, because many have read the
manuals and can pop off an answer quickly.

>but offers little to those who've actually tried to resolve a
>problem on their own BEFORE wasting everyone else's time and bandwidth.

I think everyone here can appreciate that; however, that doesn't mean
that anyone here knows the answer.  I don't run OS/X nor have I had the
problem you described; therefore, I didn't respond.

You surely can't expect people to take their time to investigate this
for you.  That is precisely what the support contracts are for.  And
since you clearly don't like that answer, you have the source.  Dig in
and figure it out.  If you don't feel you are competent enough to do so,
then find/hire a consultant or someone that is.

>This approach is contrary to other lists I'm a part of,

Maybe you are asking questions to problems others have seen and dealt
with on these other lists.

>Anyone else offering the "buy a contract" response can save their
>keystrokes, I'm now crystal clear on that solution.

Very good.  I've provided you with two other options above.  In addition
to those:

1. Use a differnet platform which has a larger user base; thus increasing
   your chances of getting an answer.

2. Find another product/project which meets your needs.

So there you have it... Four ideas that aren't "buy a contract".

--
do svidaniya,

  ~mitch