Hi Lucia..

1- The answers might/will be depent on what type of installation you are
planning to do. Will you compile source code, or install binaries, or ,
since you said you would be installing on Linux, will you install from RPMs?

2 - Yes , you need to do the installation as root .

3 - There is no special account to create InnoDB tables, but you need to
make sure that your MySQL server supports InnoDB tables.. Once the server
supports it, anyone who has privileges to create tables, can create InnoDB
tables. To ensure that you will have InnoDB support right after
installation, make sure to download mysql-version*MAX* files. The files with
the "MAX" word in it come with InnoDB support if InnoDB is available for
that platform, and in your case, for Linux, yes it is.

4 - Data files (the database/table files) are owned by mysql .

5 - If you download and install *MAX* binaries for Linux, you'll already
have InnoDB support .

6 - Those are the really databases. Those are same as what you define as the
database name after '@' in oracle.

 The most recommended book on MySQL is MySQL by Paul Dubois, see its web
page: http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-book/ . As for the user group, don't
restrict yourself to the area you are living in, this list is a global user
list of MySQL :)

Make sure to visit the following pages:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/i/Linux-RPM.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/Installing_binary.html