From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MySQL to Excel ?

Howdy,

I need to write some data out to Excel spreadsheets for some of our managers
to muddle with for projections. The query works fine...

SELECT RecordID, RecordDate, count(*) AS Quantity
FROM tblFOO
Group By RecordID, RecordDate

It returns;
+----------+------------+----------+
| RecordID | RecordDate | Quantity |
+----------+------------+----------+
| 100101   | 2002-03-21 |     6675 |
| 100101   | 2002-03-22 |     6794 |
| 100101   | 2002-03-23 |     2916 |
| 100101   | 2002-03-24 |     1215 |
| 100101   | 2002-03-25 |     6152 |
| 100101   | 2002-03-26 |     5398 |
+----------+------------+----------+

as expected (Only a subset here, there are hundreds of rows). I want to
place this data like this in an Excel table (bad ascii art example to
follow);

+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| RecordID   | 100101 | 100120 | 100131 |
+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| Date       |        |        |        |
+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| 2002-03-01 |        |     12 | 130101 |
+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| 2002-03-21 |   6675 |        |   1113 |
+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| 2002-03-22 |   6794 |    287 |  29045 |
+------------+--------+--------+--------+
| 2002-03-23 |   2916 |      6 | 233427 |

RecordID along the top row, dates down the side, quantities at the
intersection that they belong. I could get an OBDC connection from Excel to
MySQL and then write a complicated macro to do this, or if posssible (which
is what I am really looking for) I would like to SELECT..INTO..OUTFILE an
Excel file with the proper formatting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jay Blanchard