Hint:

The user and host combinations for allowed MySQL connections are stored
in a table called mysql. You can access this table by issuing:
$ mysql -u root
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> SELECT user, host, password FROM user;

If you have set up a root password then issue:

$ mysql -u root -ppassword

where password is the required password, or better issue:

$ mysql -u root -p

and enter the password. That way other users cannot sniff it with a
command like ps aux.

One thing you might find useful is that the mysql user table can accept
wildcard character such as %. So entering a '%' in the user and host
fields allows connections from any user from host. This behavior is
disabled by default for security reasons.

Neil

from which MySQL is allowed