Hi Nirmal,
If i understand well you make reference at MySQL files.In this case the
client application cannot access this file directly , only by MySQL daemon
using the libmysql library and not by "embedded library".In my opinion i
find that is VERY DANGEROUS
It seems is not to be very sophisticated files format but i am sure that
exists a lot of technics to manipulate data from this file. Look a little at
libmyisam ...
I didn't experimented some like this.... but you have the freedom  to try.
My friends said about me that i have a rich imagination but you went over
with your imagination.

Best regards,
Gelu
G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY

Permanent e-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]