Hi,
My application is about online exam with java servlet
as tool, tomcat 3.2.3 as server solution , mysql 3.49
as the backend.
considering 180 students take the exam at same time
within 50 minutes, there are a lot of transactions
with database.
what i did right now is to define connection in local
variable(within doGet or doPost method), every time
this servlet is called, new connection is created.
after transaction is done, this connection is closed.
I am worrying the speed.(it will comsume a lot
connection and time for open new connection).

so I am thinking to define connection as instance
variable in every servlet, so it can save sometime to
open new connection. However, I am not sure if it will
cause multi-thread problem? How and when i can close
the connection.