I have one product already using a mySQL database.  We just inherited a new
product (via an acquisition) that uses it's own mySQL database which we're
going to stick on the same server.  My manager wants me to setup a second
instance of mySQL on the machine for the new product's database.  I don't
see the point.  Why not just have both databases running under the same
instance of mySQL?  Which brings me to my question.  What are the pros and
cons of setting up multiple instances of mySQL on the same machine?

Thanks so much,
CS