Hi

    SELECT b.* //all fields from builder
    FROM
    builder b                               //define tables and aliases
    , builder_category_link l
    , category c
    WHERE
    (b.builderID = l.builderID)             //linking builder to link table
    AND (l.categoryID = c.categoryID)       //linking category to link table
which in
                                            //turn builds the link to the
builder table

    AND (l.category_description = 'plumber'); //where category is plumber

should return all builders who do plumbing

I think the id field in the link table is redundant, unless you have another
use for it.

Hope I understood what you were aiming to do :)

Peter

Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
www.sunmaia.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. 0121-242-1473