Hi guys

I just managed to install mysql... yippy

But, i had to use the '--force option' when executing the
/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db .

I got a message saying that i needed to configure the hostname latter on.
So, now that mysql is isntalled i need to set up the hostname stuff. My host
name is just my ip address. And the message also said that it couldn't
lookup my host?

I've done searches on google and the mysql documentation but i didn't get
any useful info about setting up the hostname.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there can help me out.

Thanks

Desmond