Hi

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

I edited my both the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts to include the line
'hostname 142.135.134.154'

of course, that's not my real ip addy. Am i suppose to edit these files? or
did you mean to edit the /etc/sysconfig/network file. THe
/etc/sysconfig/network file already had the proper hostname entry in it, so
i left it at that.

>and after that to do final check, just run : hostname ... till it shows you
>your real_host_name, if it doesn't just mail me :D

when i type, hostname, i still just get my own ip addy shown to me. Do i
have to reboot, or reinitialize some variables.

THanks a bunch for you help. It's greatly apprecaited.

REgards

Desmond