Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

>check your system configuration ...
>
>just run from shell script : hostname
>and what does it show you ...

WHen i run 'hostname' i get my ip address shown to me.

>and then check your /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf

my /etc/hosts has the following in it:
127.0.0.1               testbox localhost.localdomain localhost

my /etc/resolv.conf has the following in it:
nameserver 137.82.1.1
nameserver 137.82.22.12

>after you sure your hostname has been configured properly (on OS side),
>then restart your mysqld ;-) should be work by then ...

I'm not too too sure how to make sure that my hostname has been configured
properly. I'm still in the works of getting a domain name, so no domain name
has been set up to look up the ip of my box. When I do register a domain
name, I know i have to modify my httpd.conf to get apache to work, but do i
have to do anything for any other system, mysql, php, or apache files?

Thanks

Desmond