Hi friends,

I  own  a domain with MySQL support.  I have created  a  database
"lnet_cal" on the web and also table "yarntype", using PHP  Myad-
min  on  the webspace and also granted all access  privileges  to
user "lnet_root" to the database.

I  had  uploaded  a PHP module on the web which is  having  three
parts.   a. connection part, b. selection part and 3.  loading  a
text  file into the table part. (The text file is also loaded  in
web space (/home/lnet/public_html/public_html/yarntype.txt)

When  I loaded the script on the web browser, The selection  part
(b)  is working fine and  the result is displayed on  screen  and
the  loading the text file part(c) I am receiving  the  following
error in the browser.

"Access  denied for user: 'lnet_root@localhost' (Using  password:
YES)"

When  I  tried  to insert the same text file  using  PHP  Myadmin
provided  by the web provider, the text file was inserted to  the
table with out any problem.  When the same text file is  inserted
through PHP scripts, I have got the access denied error. The same
script is working fine when I executed it in a local machine.

Please suggest me on how to overcome the problem.

The script which I have loaded is as follows.

<?php
// (a)
mysql_connect("localhost","lnet_root","abcdefgh")
or die ("cannot connect to mysqld");
mysql_select_db("lnet_bombay")
or die("cannot select database");

//(b)

$result = mysql_query("select * from count");
$row = mysql_fetch_row($result);
echo("COUNT=$row[0]");
echo("<br>");

// THE ABOVE QUERY IS WORKED FINE AND THE SELECTED CONTENT IS
DISPLAYED ON BROWSER AS FOLLOWS

// COUNT=010

// (c)

$query= "load data infile  '/home/lnet/public_html/calcutta/yarn
type.txt' into table yarntype fields terminated by ',' " ;

        mysql_query($query) or
        die(mysql_error());

// THE ABOVE QUERY HAD DISPLYED THE ERROR AS FOLLOWS

//  "Access denied for user: 'lnet_root@localhost'  (Using  pass
word: YES)"

?>

Regards,

Vinod.B
Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
Know more at http://mail.sify.com

One click here and you could be counting money!
StreetsCall from Walletwatch.com. Subscribe now!
http://www.walletwatch.com/cgi-bin/ww/walletwatch/equity/news_articles/news_detail.jsp?oid=11658894