I have a fresh install of mysql 4.0.11 on a linux box. When I try to
open mysql as a [EMAIL PROTECTED], I get the following error:

    >mysql -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] -p db_name
    Enter password:
    ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]@localhost' (Using
    password: YES)

However if just do this, everything is fine:

    >mysql -u user -p db_name
    Enter password:

    Your MySQL connection id is 3 to server version: 4.0.11a-gamma

    mysql> exit

**************

Any thoughts on where the issue may be?

TIA

--

Jeff Roberts -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"What are you talking about? "
"Never mind, eat the fruit. "
"You know, this place almost looks like the Garden of Eden. "
"Eat the fruit. "
"Sounds quite like it too. "