You need to connect as a privileged user. You should delete the anonymous
account for security reasons.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Korosec [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 1:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Access denied error

I have recently installed MySQL my mac running OS X 10.3 and can connect to
MySQL using the command:
/Library/MySQL/bin/mysql
However, once connected, I have tried to create a database and  received the

error message:
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database  'new_database'

I have exited and tried connecting using the command:
sudo /Library/MySQL/bin/mysql
and received the error message:
ERROR 1045 - Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password:  NO)

I am a relatively inexperienced MySQL user, so what can I do so I can manage

my database? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.