Mike,
Thursday, August 15, 2002, 12:45:06 AM, you wrote:

MH> Hi there,
MH> I posted this a few days ago and recieved no responses, so I thought I would
MH> post it again:

Mike, I answered you yesterday.

MH> Hi All;

MH> I am working on a front end to my database, but I am running into a bit of
MH> trouble. I have a user who has the proper privileges and grant option create
MH> other users, but I need to know this: can that user delete users he has
MH> created (or at least disable them), and can users change their own
MH> passwords? This is all being done for a VB front end, so I need to be able
MH> to do these things using SQL statements. Any help would be appreciated.

To create other users you must have UPDATE privilege on database
'mysql' and GRANT_priv. To delete users you must have DELETE_priv and
SELECT_priv (to use DELETE with WHERE clause) on the database 'mysql'.
But in this case user can delete any user from database 'mysql' not
only users that you created.

User can change his password just using mysqladmin

mysqladmin -u<user_name> -p<old_password> password 'new_password'

or SET statement:
      http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Passwords.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com