Hey all,

I've been given the task of adding a few hundred, and later a few thousand,
new records to my database that currently exist in (ugh...) an excel
spreadsheet. I was able to very quickly and efficiently deal with the
initial insertion of the main data to the main table, but am having
difficulty figuring out how to get the related information into the related
table. Now, if that didn't make any sense, here's exactly what I'm trying to
do:

I have a table named suppliers which has, among other things, a column named
ID, which is likely to be the only important column for this issue. This is
the table that was easy to populate.

I also have a second table called suppliercatlink which holds 3 columns as
ID, SUPID, CATID. SUPID in this table relates to ID in the supplier table.
ID in this table autoincrements.

What I need to do is insert into suppliercatlink SUPID,CATID
values(supplier.ID,123) where supplier.id > 100 and supplier.id < 200. the
CATID will be the same for all of these entries, the only thing that will
vary is the supplier.ID, and the CATID should (theoretically) autoincrement.
I'm sure there is a relatively simple way to deal with this, but for the
moment I am about as lost on how to properly deal with this. (And in fact
feel that I could probably have added the CATID to the spreadsheet and
included it in the initial sql statement somehow, but don't want to get that
complicated... yet.)

Thanks for the help!

Jason Drake
[EMAIL PROTECTED]