At 05:27 PM 8/20/2002 -0400, walt wrote:
> > I have added this one, thanks.
>Hmmm...
>When you set up the master database, did you copy all the *.frm, *.MYD, *.MYI
>to the slave database?

Ok, after a lot of hair-pulling, I downgraded and used 3.23, and what do
you know, replication worked out fine without any hitch!  I was using MySQL
4.0.2 and for some reason, replication doesn't work.  Is this is a bug?

FWIW, when i use 4.0.2 and do a "show processlist" on the master server, it
doesn't display "Slave connection: waiting for binlog update".

(I know, I know, 4.0 is supposed to be alpha :))

Thanks again walt

Froilan