I've narrowed it down a lot.  We have two different PHP interfaces for the
database.  One is for employees to access the data, and the other is for
customers.  The UPDATEs and INSERTs on the system that customers use is not
being replicated, but the one that employees is working perfectly.

The system the employees use is located on localhost, while the other isn't.
Do you think this would make a difference, how about different versions of
the client libs?

Any ideas?