I find myself in the position where I really would like to use 4.0.x in a
production environment where currently 3.23.x is being used. (Mainly because
of the ability of 4.0.x to use indexes on ORDER BY ... DESC, which are
currently just too slow).

What I need to know is how stable can I consider the 3.23.x features to be
inside 4.0.x? ... have there been (m)any recent bugs in the 4.0.x tree for
features that used to work fine in 3.23.x?

Any indications (especially from the MySQL developers) would be appreciated
greatly,

  Jerry van Leeuwen