Recently I have been approached to do a web based reservations database
for hotels.  I am thinking highly of using MySQL on Linux(?) with
Apache.  I have used Informix SE on SCO Unix for years (due to the
previous platform) and would like to ask you all a few questions I have
not been able to answer myself after a day on the web.

1.  What is InnoDB?
2.  Are their direct API's for Apache and MySQL and how reliable are they?

Any other references would be useful and welcome!

Thanks
Jeremy