On 6 Jul 2001, Anoop K Gupta wrote:

> it prompts for password : it is blank so I just pressed enter. and Mysql prompt
>appeared..
> mysql >

Well, do you have a password for the root user?  If so, type it in!
Note, root in mysql is NOT the root login for the server, so the
passwords are probably different.

If you don't know the root password, see the part in the manual about
resetting passwords (it's searchable).  If your server is hosted, you
can probably get the hosting tech support to reset the mysql password
for you.

--

Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.