I would like to see the triggers/stored procedures/views
in MySQL also. And the only estimate I saw somewhere was
"around version 5.0".

But think about this this way: in the complex enterprise-level
system you would probably need some kind of application
server instead of direct client-db access. And if this is
the case the need of triggers/sp is not that urgent. 3-teer
system w/app server is actually the best scalable architecture.
So you can do stuff that triggers/sp do in the app server
where this stuff really belong.

Lots of "client-server" projects convinced me that this
approach is the best on the long run although somewhat
more laborious.

Yuri.