Oops: sorry if this message appears twice but my connection broke down just
when I clicked 'send'.

Hello,

I am currently writing a search query in PHP to:

1. search in MySQL database (not in one table but in all the tables of the
whole database),

2. search when more than one searchterm is entered (it works for 1 search
term but not for more).

My questions related to the above two points are:

1. How do I modify the following line (basically how to change "mytable" to
"allmytable") so that all the tables are searched (each table has exactly
the same structure) wihtout having to type every single table name (since I
have 50 of them !) ?

$query = "SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE columnname LIKE '%$searchterm%'";

2. The search is performed by typing the word to be searched. This works for
1 word but not if I enter more than 1 term. How can I make a multiple word
search ?

Any help, example scripts, tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Pascale