Pascale Lunal wrote:
> Dear Joseph,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply. The MERGE function may do the trick but
> then I would have to type the name of the 50 tables ! The idea was to
> avoid having to type evey single table. Also, what will happen if new
> tables are created ? I'll have to re-merge them all ?
>
> P.L.

You have to type your 50 table names only once, when you create
your MERGE table (It is a *table* not a function).
If you want to add new tables, you run ALTER TABLE.
Looking at the manual should help ;) :
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/MERGE.html

Just wondering: Why don't you use a single table, since they all
have the same structure ?

Regards