Franz Alt wrote:

>When I "reply", some lists set their list-adress automatically, some the
>adress of the person originally posting. The second version may not so good
>IMHO, because I think so many replies are not going to the lists.
>mysql++ and mysql do not automatically reply to the list
>mysql-de does.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=reply-to+munging&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

 From one site: "Reply-To munging does not benefit the user with a
reasonable mailer. People want to munge Reply-To headers to make ``reply
back to the list'' easy. But it already is easy. Reasonable mail
programs have two separate ``reply'' commands: one that replies directly
to the author of a message, and another that replies to the author plus
all of the list recipients. Even the lowlyBerkeleyMail
<http://www.bsdi.com/bsdi-man/?Mail%281%29> command has had this for
about a decade."

Also: "It, in fact, /decreases/functionality. Reply-To munging destroys
the ``reply-to-author'' capability. Munging makes this command act
effectively the same as the ``reply-to-group'' function. We haven't
added anything new, we've only taken away. Reply-To munging is not
merely benign, it is harmful. It renders a useful mail capability
inoperative."

PS, this has nothing to do with SQL or QUERIES ... :)

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.