On Thursday 03 October 2002 22:33, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
>   Franz Alt wrote:
>  From one site: "Reply-To munging does not benefit the user with a
> reasonable mailer. People want to munge Reply-To headers to make ``reply
> back to the list'' easy. But it already is easy. Reasonable mail
> programs have two separate ``reply'' commands: one that replies directly
> to the author of a message, and another that replies to the author plus
> all of the list recipients. Even the lowlyBerkeleyMail
> <http://www.bsdi.com/bsdi-man/?Mail%281%29> command has had this for
> about a decade."
>
> Also: "It, in fact, /decreases/functionality. Reply-To munging destroys
> the ``reply-to-author'' capability. Munging makes this command act
> effectively the same as the ``reply-to-group'' function. We haven't
> added anything new, we've only taken away. Reply-To munging is not
> merely benign, it is harmful. It renders a useful mail capability
> inoperative."

I don't by the "less functionality" argument any more than "if you have a good
emailer". I think I have a good emailer, and on the "munging" lists, I press
Reply-All, it will also send to the original author, but >95% of the case I
want the list, and original author doesn't want two replies.

> PS, this has nothing to do with SQL or QUERIES ... :)

Completely agree, have to change the "implementation" of the OT here.

INSERT INTO MailingList ( Features ) VALUES ( 'Munge the Reply-To header.' );

My question is, can this made work at the lists.mysql.com DB?

;o)

Better?