I think I'm sure, wont I get better performance from one query than two?

Michael

                      "Michael T.

                      Babcock"                 To:       Michael Knauf/Niles
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <mbabcock@fibresp        cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      eed.net>                 Subject:  Re: query help

                      10/08/02 12:08 PM

Michael Knauf/Niles wrote:

>What I _really_ want is the combination of your two querys, that is,
>product_name, product_description, from the product table + all the specs
>related to the product from the specs table , based on the fg00914 number.

Are you sure? :-)

As I pointed out, if the first query only gives one row and the second
query gives 7 rows, its an odd duplication of data to request the first
set alongside the second set.  At any rate, try the SQL QUERY SELECTs I
recommended to see what results you get first.  A contrived example,
with PHP (which would look a lot better if the list allowed the odd HTML
message to go through):

Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock