are you getting this problem with an API like php or perl cgi.. or is this command line. i was having a similar problem, but i couldn't access anything. i was trying to remotely connect to the mysql via command line and it would boot me. even on the server itself if i included the '-h hostname' flag it would boot me, they only way i could get in was with out the '-h'.

Animesh wrote:

Hi All,,
I am getting this error and mysqld is dying out while tring to access a particular table in a particular databae while others don't fail..
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Plz Help as early as possible.
Regards,
Animesh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]