Hi, This is the same error that I am getting, except that in my case the
server does not die, I just cant connect from another machine. All I get is
this error, which seems to be because the server is not responding to the
3306 port. or something like that.

I don't know if this is the same problem or if Animesh has a different
problem that generates a similar response.

See the "Connecting to MySQL on Linux from a Windows machine." thread for
more details on my situation.

        Thanks,
                --Will