At 20:22 21/10/2002 +0100, Nikki Mason wrote:
Hi,
My email below was rejected for some reason, so I am trying again to send
it.
No problems, but I need to clarify you that behavior:

1- When you start the server with: name_server --standalone --console.

   The DOS prompt screen is owned by the MySQL server process, in
   another words the behavior you saw is correct. You minimized
   this screen and open another DOS prompt session for to work with
   the mysql.exe client.