----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lewis Watson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: Lost Connection

> > the

> >>This is RedHat GLIBC upgrade badness....Search the mailing list over the
> >>last 4 weeks, you'll see what I mean.
> >>
> >>For now, you'll have to use our (MySQL AB's) binaries, as we compile and
> >>link statically with our own version of GLIBC, so you don't have this
> >>problem.
> >>
> >>Download 3.23.53a, and this problem goes away.
> >>
> >>-Mark
> >

> > Hey Mark,
> > I am running FreeBSD.
> > Thanks,
> > Lewis
>
> Are you using your own binary, or one of ours?
>
> -Mark

OOOOOPS. Sorry, I have had my head up this bsd machine so intensely that I
forgot which machine it happened on... Please forgive me, it did happen on a
Redhat 7.0? 7.1 build of Redhat! I compiled it from source
./config --prefix=/usr/local. I am so sorry. This is a production machine...
What's the best way to upgrade from this to 3.23.53a? I greatly appreciate
your help.
Lewis