Actually, I did see the Read Me file that came with the driver.  I spent so
much time on this myself, I wanted to start fresh on here. :)

I am still unable to get mysql to connect to the jdbc driver.  Here is the
latest what I did and the resulting errors that came up:

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
SQLState: 28000
VendorError: 1045

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
SQLState: 28000
VendorError: 1045

I must point out, mysql will connect using these parameters from the command
line.

Mark, can you or anyone on here see what I am doing wrong? I am really in a
bind here,  I am way late on a deadline.  Prior to this, I have never had a
problem with mysql and connections to it from web pages/apps using java.

I would really appreciate any help,  has anyone else on here got
mysql/jdbc/Red Hat 7.3 to get mysql to connect from there web apps/pages
using java?  Did you do anything different from what I did?

Thank You very much for your help.

Frank Lalone