From: Jeremy Zawodny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 10:57 AM
To: Maxime LEMAIRE
Cc: Mysql
Subject: Re: replication

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 08:37:13AM +0100, Maxime LEMAIRE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how mySQL manage the identity (auto increment
> counter) in a replication environment when 2 servers are both master
> on the same database.

In that situation, you really need to generate your own primary keys.
Using auto-increment with a dual-master setup is asking for trouble.
It'll fail sooner or later, leaving you two servers that no longer
agree on primary keys.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 15 days, processed 549,176,147 queries (411/sec. avg)