Hi there -- I'm relatively new to LINUX (I have RedHat 8.0 on my system) and I just downloaded MySQL-GUI and can't seem to get it working. It keeps telling me that it cannot connect through the socket (111). Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried to set the path using a shell program in /etc/profile.d/mysqlgui.sh and I even exported the value of PATH. At present, my version of MySQL-GUI is in /usr/local/mysqlgui. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Allan J Horwitz

P.S. -- I don't remember it being this difficult with Windows98. In Windows, you just unzipped it and put it in with the rest of your mysql program file (C:\MySql\ ) and it ran fine without a hitch.