Hi,

Iīm using MySQL version 4.0.5 in Windows and I want to make a JOIN between
two tables that have approximately 20,000 records and 20 columns. As all the records
from one of the tables must appear in the result of the SQL( the tables donīt have the same
number of records) , I ought to use a LEFT JOIN.
When I make the LEFT JOIN between the two tables, it takes a long time,
and it seems that the machine is crashed , because everything I try to make
in the machine is extremely slow, so I have to reset it manually.

Is this a limitation of MySQL when making a LEFT JOIN between two tables with a
certain number of records or is there a different way to solve this problem in order to
increase the speed of the query ?

Thanks,

Juan