Keith C. Ivey wrote:

On 21 Nov 2002, at 8:46, Juan C. P. Garrido wrote:

When I make the LEFT JOIN between the two tables, it takes a long time,
and it seems that the machine is crashed , because everything I try to make
in the machine is extremely slow, so I have to reset it manually.

Do you have indexes on the columns you're using for the join? Can you show the output of EXPLAIN on your query?

Thanks you for your response. Really one of the tables was without index and for this reason the
query with LEFT JOIN was so slow.

Thanks,

Juan