The environment info was copied from the "mysqlbug" command by our external
hosting company who truncated the lines therefore the last couple of
characters from each line is not there however it was a Solaris 2.8 binary
download of 4.0.5beta so you would have all of the info anyway.

        I am using MySQL 4.0.5beta on Solaris 2.8 from a binary version
downloaded from www.mysql.com on the 19th of November 2002. I have one
database set up as the master database and 2 databases set up as slave
databases. Each database is on a separate SUN server. I am performing
intense load testing on MySQL replicated databases using InnoDB tables and
transactions and I have come across what is most likely a bug.

The replication is failing on the slaves with the following error (this
appears both slaves error logs at the same time) :-

021127 13:48:28  Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too big',
data_len=1397639424,event_type=111
021127 13:55:36  Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too big',
data_len=1397639424,event_type=111

As you can see the data_len is 1.3G. The master log position at this time
was less than 300Meg so a single event, even if I did about 500,000 inserts
in a transaction block, could not be larger than 300Meg. I have
MAX_BINLOG_SIZE set to 2Meg on the master database and the slaves. As it is
I know that the transactions were small as the records were being inserted
on the slave machines which only happens after the commit takes place on the
master.

I have run this test several times and it falls over after a different
number of records have been replicated each time (I performed reset master
and reset slave on the databases between tests to ensure a clean run) but
the reported error is the same i.e. data_len being 1.3G.

I feel the master log file switching has somehow corrupted the binary log
file. I had previously loaded 1,000,000 records on this replicated server
and it worked fine. However the binary log files were never switched because
the server was under too much load. I then changed my method of allocating
sequential keys which slowed things down enough for the log switching to
occur at the size specified in MAX_BINLOG_SIZE and I got the error.

>How-To-Repeat:

        Re-run the test after performing a reset master and reset slave on
the appropriate databases.

>Fix:
        If I take out the setting of MAX_BINLOG_SIZE to let it use the
default size of 1Gig and re-run my test it works OK.

>Submitter-Id:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Originator:    MySQL owner
>Category:      mysql
>Class:         <[ sw-bug | doc-bug | change-request | support ] (one line)>
>Release:       mysql-4.0.5-beta-standard (Official MySQL-standard binary)

>Environment:
        <machine, os, target, libraries (multiple lines)>
System: SunOS db1.mh.bbc.co.uk 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R
Architecture: sun4

Some paths:  /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/make

Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS='-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer'  CXX='gcc'
CXXFLAGS='-O3 -fno-om
structors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti'  LDFLAGS=''  ASFLAGS=''
LIBC:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          11 Nov 15 15:21 /lib/libc.so ->
./libc.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1146204 Jun  3 08:46 /lib/libc.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          11 Nov 15 15:21 /usr/lib/libc.so ->
./libc.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1146204 Jun  3 08:46 /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Configure command: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
'--with-comment=Official MySQL-standard b
=complex --with-server-suffix=-standard --enable-thread-safe-client
--enable-local-infile --enable
bs=no --disable-shared --with-innodb CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-O3
-fno-omit-frame-pointer' 'CXXFLAGS=-O3 -fn
-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti' CXX=gcc
Perl: This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
signify your consent to this.