Michael,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 12:34 PM
Subject: Bug Report: Replication in 4.0.5beta

> The environment info was copied from the "mysqlbug" command by our
external
> hosting company who truncated the lines therefore the last couple of
> characters from each line is not there however it was a Solaris 2.8 binary
> download of 4.0.5beta so you would have all of the info anyway.

> I am using MySQL 4.0.5beta on Solaris 2.8 from a binary version
> downloaded from www.mysql.com on the 19th of November 2002. I have one
> database set up as the master database and 2 databases set up as slave
> databases. Each database is on a separate SUN server. I am performing
> intense load testing on MySQL replicated databases using InnoDB tables and
> transactions and I have come across what is most likely a bug.
>
> The replication is failing on the slaves with the following error (this
> appears both slaves error logs at the same time) :-
>
> 021127 13:48:28  Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too big',
> data_len=1397639424,event_type=111
> 021127 13:55:36  Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too big',
> data_len=1397639424,event_type=111

this definitely looks like a bug in replication.

>From New Zealand we got the following bug report, which might be connected
to this:

> event entry
> max_allowed_packet on master

Above errors might happen if the pointer to the binlog becomes displaced. It
will then read garbage from the event length field.

I think a transaction can consist of many log events.

I will run tests on our SunOS-5.8 computer to see if I can repeat this bug.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, hot backup, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

sql query