Hello,
I have a table of restaurants, I want to store opening times so I can
display in real time if the restaurant is open or not.
What is the optimal way to store the times ?

Since there is no common denominator for opening times, I thought of having
another table with 28 (!!) fields. I'm doubtful this is optimal.
The 28 fields would be of type INT :
Monday-morning-start
Monday-morning-end
Monday-afternoon-start
Monday-afternoon-end
Tuesday-morning-start
Tuesday-morning-end
Tuesday-afternoon-start
Tuesday-afternoon-end
etc.

and in my PHP page I would determine what day of the week we are and if it's
morning or afternoon, and then I would query the database to get the start
and end times and verify if we're within the boundaries.

Cheers,
Damien COLA